Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Green with Envy

Hey Y'all,


I am suffering from a severe case of Ministry Envy. This is probably not what you are thinking. If you walk into any meeting or seminary, a person is sure to hear people talking about the numbers of people they have, how many people they baptized this year. How the giving went up 5%. After this comparing of numbers and programs, you will witness what I call Ministry Jealousy. It is when one minister has been defeated by the other one when it comes to numbers and programs. I have seen the best ministers fail in this battle of Christians. You laugh now, but nothing is more important to a minister's ego than the ability to look good to their fellow ministers.

Don't get me wrong, when it comes down to it.... the only thing that matters are the people and bringing Glory to God, but we also like to feel good about ourselves. My Ministry Envy is different. I simply just want to be a part of a ministry. I naturally every Wednesday gear myself up to go to church. It was my routine for so long that now I just sit around and wonder about how much I am not doing. So, I am simply jealous of everyone who gets to do ministry right now. I know my time is coming, I just need to rest on the fact that it is HIS timing and not my own.

Okay, enough with my gloomy gus day... I need some lipstick.

Joy,

Kris

2 comments:

  1. I understand my dear! Sam and I CANNOT wait for him to start serving at a church as a children's minister...and I am so excited to serve along side him!
    Where are you at right now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am at home right now, I moved from Lee's Summit MO, where I was working for a church. I am getting my master's degree right now and looking for a church to work at. When will Sam be done?

    ReplyDelete