Thursday, April 8, 2010

Hosea 6:3

Hey Y'all,

I thought that since I read so many different blogs, I would try one on my own. Part of this is because my poor mother has to give reports of my status and although we all know that there is nothing she likes more than talking about her oldest child, I wanted to be able to fill you in for myself. Also I wanted you to be able to share with me what the Lord is doing in your life and to share how great our God is together.

My Blog title comes from probably my favorite passage in the bible. Hosea is a book that gets over looked a lot because: its in the Old Testament, it is about a man who is told to marry a "lady of the night" (that is what my Mema calls them) and because unless you have read "Redeeming Love" by Francine Rivers you probably have never given it a lot of thought. I never did until I heard a Shane and Shane song about it a couple of years ago.

Tucked away in Chapter 6:1-3, God is talking about His Love for Israel, His Beloved and how He had to discipline the people, but in the end He promises to restore her. Verse 3... says to "Press on to acknowledge Him. The Message Translation says... "Be Eager for God-knowledge. That is my prayer for everyone. That they become eager for God-knowledge. That we seek to find the knowledge that He wants us to know and that we don't get caught up in the politics of being a Christian. That our true source of everything is the one who can provide everything. That is my challenge for us all...seek after God-knowledge.

Also please don't tell anyone in seminary that I used the Message Translation, they actually might kick me out. :-) They also won't all be this heavy... the next post will have a picture of my mom's favorite granddog, Douglas.

Joy,
Kristin

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this Kris!! :-) Thanks for the challenge, the insight, the strength that you provide. Keep sharing how Christ is working and shining through you.

    I love ya much.
    Suz

    ReplyDelete