Sunday, April 18, 2010

Goin' to Church

There are few things that I like more than going to church... I am not sure what it is about church that I love so much? One thing that my WHOLE family loves is church music. My family is obsessed with good choir music. In the Helsley home, there is nothing we like more than listening to a CD by my home church and driving down the road. (especially if a dip cone is involved). We as a family, just love us a good worship song.

An example of this involves my dad. Some background on him: He has zero music talent/ability. This is something that he would tell anyone, he just can't sing/ dance/ clap on beat/ nothing. Don't worry he has many other talents that are awesome. We were driving back from Branson one day and true to form in my family my mom, sister, and brother fell asleep in the car.

Another little point of background: When my dad drives with my whole family in the car, he is crazy happy. I used to think it was weird that he loved it so much, but now that I am older, I find that it is something I love. It is probably when I feel the safest and I tell my youth girls that I know that for me to marry someone I have to be as comfortable in the car as I am with my Daddy when he drives.

Back to the story... I finally fall asleep and I always sit behind the driver in the back, so when I woke up my dad didn't know that I was awake. I realized that my dad was singing a worship song from the CD that we had been listening too. It was so precious to me to hear my daddy sing a worship song in the car while he was driving and it made me think that you don't have to be a awesome singer or a crazy good musician to Praise the Lord.

Take sometime to listen to a song that not only encourages you but lifts up our Savior.

Joy,
Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment