Monday, April 12, 2010

Early Morning Debate

A couple of mornings ago I woke up early because my Mema and Pops were coming into town and HAD to clean my room. Do you ever have those mornings were it feels like Satan has been waiting for you to wake up just to start planting ideas and lies in your head?

So here I am needing to get up and prepare my apartment for my grandparents and I am thinking of all kinds of thoughts that I know are going to affect my moods and just in general how I am going to be that day. As I lie in bed, so starts the debate....

I won't get into the whole thing about the things that were popping into my head, but they generally consist of the fact that I am not good enough to do a certain thing or receive a certain thing. Come to think of it Satan probably doesn't have to put these lies in my head because of how long I have believed the lies. I was talking about this with one of my girls at church. We have believed what Satan has told us for so long that we don't have to wait for him to show up, we can take care of the character bashing ourselves.

I went back to sleep praying that the Lord would somehow defeat what thoughts that were in my head....So once I finally had to get out of bed, I felt an overwhelming sense of peace, that MY God came and not only won the debate, but was comforting me after the fight was over. Praise the Lord that we not only serve a loving father, but a great debator who goes into battle for His children and wins.

-Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment