Friday, May 7, 2010

Baby Names from a Single Gal

Hey Y'all,
I am taking a much needed paper writing break to answer Mrs. Kelly Stamps Friday Blog... For as long as I can remember I have been talking about baby names with people. My roommate in College has a GIANT list of names and I often use baby names for ice breaker. Nothing can get a room full of high school girls talking more than baby names.

Yes.... I know that I am not married and that my husband will probably want some say in it, but my list is about what I want as of now. I will compromise, Promise.

My favorite name for a boy is Asa... in my family you must have a name that can be shortened or made into a nickname. It is how my family shows affection. It is one of my favorite things that we do and I love to be called by mine. Asa is also a great king in the Old Testament and I like names that sounds very and strong for a boy.

My second name that I like for a boy is Bo/Beau... because when my dad was picking out my brother Jacob's name he was really close to picking this name. I know it is one of my Daddy's favorites. Also, if you go with the Bo option it can be short for Boaz, which is from my favorite story in the bible. Boaz plays such a beautiful role in the life of Ruth and also serves as a simple of how Jesus loves and cares for us.

My Girl name is a bit of a controversy in my family. I love the name Cornelia, but my mother absolutely can't stand it. If you bring it up, she just says that she will call her Grace. So... my other choices are Bernadette, Hannah, Constance, Millicent, Lydia, Mae. I love older elegant names.

Middle names I will try to find family names. I would love to name a little girl Helsley Kate or Lyn, because I love being a Helsley and because I am a good Southern girl, I will give up my name to take my husbands, I guess :-). It might be too rough though, so we would have to think about it.

Obviously, the little girl's name is a little harder for me, but how cute would a little Asian girl be with a old fashion beautiful name?

Joy,
Kris

1 comment:

  1. Kristin Helsley!!!! I MISS you!!!!!!
    I just love your baby name ideas...who cares what your future husband will think?!?! Haha!!
    So glad to see you in the blogging world!
    I saw that you go to seminary, where?

    Oh my goodness, so good to "see" you!!!

    ReplyDelete