Tuesday, July 13, 2010

You are what you say...

Hey Y'all,
I am back in my hometown of Bentonville. I have always loved being from here. It was an awesome place to go up. One thing that I love about my hometown is my home church. It is a place that you instantly feel good when you walk through the door. The youth were leading worship this Sunday and we were singing the song "Blessed Be Your Name". I have always loved this song. As we were singing the song the part came up that says....

"You Give and Take Away
You Give and Take Away
My Heart will Choose to Say
Lord Blessed Be Your Name"

As the congregation was singing this, I begin to think about what I have been going through and if this is something that I want to sing or if it is something that I can sing. The bible talks about how God hates for us to sing or say something that we don't actually believe or are willing to follow. I wondered if we as a society really do Praise the Lord when he takes something away from us. I know that I struggle with the concept of Praising Him for something that I want.

I know that usually we are better for the fact that we don't get what we want because God has something better for us. My challenge for us and especially for myself is to actually do what we say... to Praise God when He gives us what we want and especially when He takes something away.

Joy,
Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment